Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why My Mind Wanders

I'm not sure why my mind goes here but I wonder sometimes. I wonder why you did the things that you did. I wonder how I let my guard down so far that I couldn't see you for who you were. More than that I wonder how we got to where we were and why I never saw the warning signs. I wanted so badly to believe that everything was going to be okay. I knew in my heart that you could never be the person that I needed you to be. I knew that you were never going to get past the end of your own nose. So, tell me then why I still think of you. Why, when things are going so well for me right now do you creep back into my heart and burn my eyes with those tears? I don't ask about you. It had been months since you had crossed my mind. Then suddenly, everywhere I turned you were there. I heard stories about you from several people. I had memories that I never wanted to remember drudged from the depths of my memory. Why do people think that it's okay to do that? Why do they think that I care? Why do I care? Why? Now I am just a week from our anniversary and I want so badly to just skip the day. You'll be 24 this year and still living like a rebellious 14 year old. I don't know if you read this, a couple of people from G-Town stop by every once and awhile and you may just be one of them.

Here are some things that you might like to know:
I'm happy. Really happy.
I took the GRE and I'm working on going back to school
I'm okay. I realize now that you brought out the worst possible person in me and that you could never meet my needs.
I've found someone really awesome.
We fit like long lost puzzle pieces.
He takes very good care of me.
He brings out the best in me.
Riley is well. He's so smart now.

1 comments:

Katy said...

grrr....I wished I would have read this before sending you that text message. I didn't help. sorry.

LOVE YOU!